Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My little Confessor

Ethan is an amazing child for a mom.  He has his issues - like yelling and screaming instead of talking when he is upset. BUT, if he does something wrong, you don't have to be there because he'll just tell you.  He tells me when he picks a scab, when he throws a toy and hits his sister ("on accident"), when he breaks a rule, when he pushes his sister or goes outside the gate of our yard.  I think his conscience is very well-developed.
It seems that at least once a day, my little copper-topped boy will confess to one thing or another.  His heart is tender, and I love that about him.   I'm not sure if it's the same with his dad, but I imagine that it is.  And he always comes up with a way to make amends.  Giving away a toy to the person he offended,  making sure his chores are done (without being asked!! He's amazing at this!) or apologizing while crying.

Once he knows the rules, he runs with them... he's very much my melancholy baby... he wants to know what is expected and neeeeds to meet those expectations!  Whether it's his school work, his chores or just his schedule he wants it to RIGHT.  When he was a baby, he had a cupholder on his highchair.  his sippy cup HAD to be in that cupholder!  If it wasn't, or if food fell to the floor, the world stopped until it was righted.

I love this guy!

No comments: